Yesterday RisCura Fundamentals launched Bright Africa, a new report that provides a uniquely comprehensive look at the price of investing across the continent.
With investors from around the world looking for growth in a post-financial crisis world, the Bright Africa report demonstrates that to fully participate in the African growth story, investors need exposure to both private and listed equity. And the good news is that, on average, the price of private equity deals across all sizes of businesses are 12% lower than the global average.
The other key findings, based on the African private equity deals in the RisCura Fundamentals database, were:
- Private equity investments in Africa take place at lower prices than investments globally across all size brackets
- Private equity investments in Africa use significantly less debt than private equity deals globally
- The use of debt in African deals has not recovered post the financial crisis
- The price of investments in African private equity are generally lower than listed market prices across the regions of the continent
- The price of private equity investments in Africa, outside of South Africa, are on average higher than South African values
We'd like thank everyone who could join us for the launch event, any feedback on the report would be valued. For those unable to make the event, please view the report online at brightafrica.riscura.com. To subscribe to annual updates of this report, click here.